Tax rules for the public sector differ from the ordinary tax rules that apply to the nonprofit sector in many ways.
Furthermore, the social context is of great importance as well.
Tiberghien has extensive experience in assisting nonprofit organisations (private trusts, foundations of public utility, (internationally acting) nonprofit associations ((i)vzw) and organisations with a social purpose (vso)) and companies for adapted work in all shapes and sizes, from healthcare institutions over cultural enterprises to trade associations, with tax law matters. Our team follows a multidisciplinary approach, while bearing in mind the social context nonprofit organisations and companies for adapted work operate in and the relationships with their stakeholders.
What can we do for you?
- we take care of real estate projects for local government authorities;
- we assist in public-private partnerships (PPPs);
- we help with DBFM contracts for major infrastructure works;
- we assist with reorganisations and partnerships in the field of direct taxation, registration charges and VAT;
- we provide guidance on (cross-border) philanthropy, including sponsoring v patronage;
- we advise on compensation for directors, staff and volunteers;
- we help clients take care of their obligations with regard to tax declarations (tax on legal persons, declaration of withholding tax, declaration of property portfolio tax);
- we assist in tax audits and objections concerning applicable tax regimes (tax on legal persons v corporation tax, exemption from property tax).