The border region between Belgium and the Netherlands makes it abundantly clear: the two countries are very much intertwined both economically and culturally. For a variety of reasons, Dutch citizens choose to go to work in Belgium or even become permanent residents there, whether or not together with their families and/or companies, while from their side, increasing numbers of Belgians are moving to the Netherlands, temporarily as well as permanently.
Tiberghien’s Dutch Desk assists these Dutch people living or working in Belgium (called ‘Nederbelgen’ in Dutch) with its extensive expertise and experience in cross-border fiscal advice in relation to these exchanges between Belgium and the Netherlands. Our multidisciplinary team can rely on a strong international network of tax experts, notaries and lawyers, and advises high-net-worth individuals and companies alike. We follow a proactive approach, taking into account the changing fiscal context and regulations in both Belgium and the Netherlands. Flexibility for our clients and a long-term vision are our trademarks. In this respect, we look further than only the Belgian and Dutch fiscal landscapes and extend our advice to other countries too.
Private clients can trust in an integrated, personal fiscal and legal service with regard to their assets and family businesses, always within an international context. Corporate entities can count on an efficient and accurate approach to cross-border investments and transactions.
Clients can turn to the Dutch Desk for:
- personal fiscal advice concerning salaries and pensions;
- personal legal and fiscal advice concerning personal, family and property law matters: gifts, wills, marriage contracts and/or civil partnerships, divorces, adoptions, etc.;
- cross-border reorganisations;
- cross-border investment and investment capital structuring;
- the migration of private persons and legal entities;
- company transfers and retention of control within a cross-border context;
- obligations with regard to tax declarations;
- advance tax rulings;
- regularisations/fiscal amnesty arrangements.