Our M&A specialists have extensive experience in assisting companies with all types of M&A transactions. In addition, their in-depth (legal) expertise enables them to advise on complex transactions and to develop adequate solutions. The combination with their know-how of economics and accounting allows them to come up with to-the-point and client-oriented solutions. As attorneys, they can furthermore defend your interests in discussions and/or disputes with the tax authorities.
Tiberghien’s M&A team disposes of sufficient ‘critical mass’, which allows them to have a specialist with extensive expertise in any domain that is crucial to the success of an M&A transaction. This enables us to analyse complex transactions efficiently and to advise the ‘right’ solution(s). Our lawyers are ‘experts’ in their field and committed to updating and developing their know-how.
Undoubtedly, one of our strengths is our multidisciplinary approach. As a result, we can involve tax experts in real estate and real estate funds, stock option plans, financing etc. We can support transactions involving family businesses with our specific expertise in estate planning, and we can apply our international expertise in in advising on cross-border transactions and reorganisations.
Our multidisciplinary approach stretches past the boundaries of tax law. We are very much aware, indeed, that sustainable tax solutions, however important they may be, are not the only success factor for a deal or reorganisation. This is why Tiberghien has joined forces with the non-tax service providers below who help us tackle our clients’ cases as a team, if doing so would generate added value for their particular transaction:
- Tiberghien economics, a firm providing economic services in the field of transfer pricing, valuations, business modelling and legal economics;
- Altius Lawyers, an independent Belgian law firm specialised in (non-tax) corporate law. We frequently and successfully collaborate with Altius specialists on transactions involving corporate/M&A, real estate, labour law and financial law.
However, our close collaboration with these ‘privileged partners’ does of course not prevent us from frequently working together with or supporting other (internal and external) advisors. Finally, as an independent firm, Tiberghien can rely on an extensive international network and a strong presence in the Benelux.
What can we do for you?
Our expertise comprises the entire range of tax and legal services to the various stakeholders involved in any M&A transaction, including:
- due diligence investigations and reports;
- transaction structuring;
- tax support for contract negotiations and drafting;
- tax ruling procedures;
- advising on pre- and post-acquisition reorganisations;
- advising on complex (domestic and cross-border) reorganisations;
- advising on major investments and disinvestments;
- private equity transactions.