The Tiberghien Real Estate and Infrastructure Tax team has an in-depth experience and market understanding and guides all types of real-estate market players through the most sophisticated of transactions.
Our tax lawyers advise clients on a broad range of real estate and infrastructure-related matters such as:
- real estate transactions (share deals and asset deals);
- pre- and post-acquisition structuring for real-estate transactions;
- assistance in financing real estate transactions;
- project development (VAT aspects, property taxes during and after the building phase, ..);
- rights in rem (long leases, building rights, usufruct);
- leasing and sale & lease-back transactions;
- public-private partnerships (wide experience advising both private and public partners);
- major infrastructure projects (such as parking, power & energy projects and urban redevelopment projects);
- property taxes (federal, regional and local);
- and litigation regarding real estate taxes.
Moreover, our clients appreciate our particular experience in the following sectors:
- real estate funds and REITs;
- shopping centres;
- logistics parks;
- and senior housing.
Our co-operation with Altius, and in particular their Real Estate and Regulatory team, strengthens our ability to optimise transactions from both a tax and a legal point of view.