Both Belgian and international companies are facing an increasingly complicated corporate tax environment. Governments are using corporate taxation to create a more attractive environment for economic activities, including foreign investments. Yet, against the background of the global economic downturn, public opinion demands “fairness” in corporate taxation regimes.
Tiberghien’s expertise can guide CFOs, tax managers and other financial professionals in assessing the tax impact of business decisions. Our links in the academic research environment, our long experience with corporate taxation and our extensive international networks enable us to tackle even the most complex corporate taxation questions in a creative way.
Recent developments in the international business media have also raised awareness about tax as a reputational matter. Tax management requires the monitoring of potential tax risks, assessing tax positions, developing processes to minimise risks and carefully following-up on compliance processes. Our experience in litigation gives us the required expertise to make well-reasoned judgments about potential tax risks.
Our corporate tax department offers a full range of services, which includes:
- The day-to-day tax management of organisations;
- Tax risk management;
- Tax compliance processes;
- Defence and assistance during tax audits and tax litigation;
- Advice on tax incentives that are available to corporate organisations, including tax incentives for innovation;
- The tax aspects of corporate restructuring operations (Belgian and/or cross-border), including M&A;
- International corporate tax, including advice on double taxation treaties;
- The taxation of foreign entities in Belgium (permanent establishments, profit allocation, compliance, etc.);
- Benefits and compensation;
- Transfer pricing.
For international tax matters, we can rely on an extensive, global network of corresponding tax firms. Our independence allows us to compose, on a case-by-case basis, an appropriate international team that always fully meets our clients’ expectations.