Belgian tax law offers several tax incentives for innovative companies in Belgium. Tailor-made tax incentives are also available for companies investing in sustainable solutions to reduce energy consumption or the climate impact of human activities.
We have extensive experience in advising companies on how to maximise the value of their innovating activities. Our work includes:
- the efficient structuring of research activities in Belgium and abroad;
- intellectual property management (copyrights, patents, plant variety rights, trade marks, know how, software, etc…);
- advice on optimal funding structure for R&D efforts;
- advice on joint ventures in the field of R&D (e.g. open innovation platforms, cooperation between business and universities);
- advice on the compensation and benefits for researchers and inventors.
We manage and limit our clients’ tax risks and maximise the return from their intellectual property assets. We have built an efficient network with a range of transfer pricing specialists, patent attorneys and other professionals to provide a multidisciplinary approach.
Tiberghien has an operational relationship with Altius, a law firm that advises clients on specialised intellectual property and company law matters. For all aspects relating to valuation and transfer pricing, we propose the services of Tiberghien economics, an independent tax and business economics advisory firm.