Tiberghien has, once again, been ranked Top Tier by Legal 500 in 2023. The Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world for over 30 years. Their research is based on feedback from over 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers. To consult the rankings of 2023, click here.
Bernard Peeters still has a place in the Legal 500 'Hall Of Fame'. Koen Morbée, Stijn Vastmans, Claudine Bodeux, Ben Van Vlierden, Emilie Van Goidsenhoven, Ahmed El Jilali and Stein De Maeijer are recommended in the rankings.
- "Top-notch technical expertise in all tax fields, well connected with authorities, client focused and very proactive."
- "Tiberghien’s strength is that it is a large law firm that only does tax with a multidisciplinary approach, real expertise, real know-how and a network of quality partners."
- "Direct and hands-on advice on complex tax topics. In-depth knowledge and expertise."
Chambers HNW guide 2022 has ranked Tiberghien as Band 1 in 'Private Wealth Law' in Belgium. Alain Van Geel, Gerd Goyvaerts, Emilie Van Goidsenhoven and Romina Abiuso are mentioned as 'notable practitioners'. Consult the rankings of 2022.
- About Alain Van Geel: "An absolute powerhouse on family inheritance matters in Belgium." "The scope of his expertise is very impressive. He has a very wide knowledge."
About Emilie Van Goidsenhoven: A "brilliant lawyer" who is "up and coming through the practice."
About Gerd Goyvaerts: "The best private client lawyer in Belgium." He is described as "a leading expert on 'Cayman tax' in Belgium."
- About Romina Abiuso: "Really good, really conscientious and straight to the point. ""She understands the issues and she can come up with creative solutions."
Chambers Europe has ranked Tiberghien in Band 2 in the field of 'Tax'. Bernard Peeters is mentioned as 'Notable practitioner'.
Consult the rankings for 2023 here.
- "excellent service, deep expertise in the area and solutions tailored to client needs, even when the issues are not so straightforward"
- "very good performance and huge expertise in tax issues"
- "They are pragmatic and give very clearly formulated advice."
- About Bernard Peeters: "very strong on corporate transactional work for tax"
Leaders League 2023 has ranked Tiberghien as ‘Leading’ in 'Corporate tax', 'Wealth Management' and 'Transfer Pricing'. Tiberghien economics is ranked as 'Excellent' in the category of 'Best Transfer Pricing Agencies' in Belgium. Next to that, Leaders League has ranked Tiberghien Luxembourg as 'Highly Recommended' in the field of 'Transfer Pricing' and 'Corporate tax'. In addition to these rankings, several lawyers of Tiberghien have also been praised for their widely recognised competence: Michiel Boeren, Gerd D. Goyvaerts, Koen Morbée, Andy Neuteleers, Bernard Peeters, Griet Vanden Abeele, Alain Van Geel, Emilie Van Goidsenhoven and Ben Van Vlierden have all been listed.
Consult the rankings of 2023 here.
Who's Who Legal
Who's Who Legal has ranked Koen Morbée and Bernard Peeters as 'Thought Leaders' in 'Corporate tax' in Belgium. Michiel Boeren and Ivo Vande Velde are 'Global Leaders' in this practice area.
Gerd D. Goyvaerts is mentioned as 'Thought Leader' in the field of 'Private Clients'. Alain Van Geel is also recognised as a 'Thought Leader'. Griet Vanden Abeele ranks as a 'Global Leader'.
Daan Buylaert has been ranked as a 'Thought Leader' in 'Sports & Gaming' in Belgium.
Consult the rankings here.
ITR World Tax
Tiberghien is ranked Tier 1 in 'Tax controversy' and Tier 2 in 'Tax' in Belgium by International Tax Review World Tax. Consult the 2023 rankings for Belgium.
Bernard Peeters is listed as 'Leading Advisor' and 'Highly Regarded' in 'Tax Controversy'. Stijn Vastmans is mentioned as 'Highly Regarded' in the field of indirect tax and Koen Morbée is ranked as 'Leading Advisor' in 'Tax'.